Books N Movies Rants

Started as a blog of a father trying to create the perfect list of books and movies that his son should read and watch. Now it is that and some general rants. Scroll down for the lists. If you have a list of 10 books and 10 movies please send it to me.

March 29, 2006

Only in New York

Below is a link to a website full of snippets of conversations that New Yorkers hear other New Yorkers say. I have to admit, this is what we sound like.

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

Here are a couple to give you a flavor:


Drunk girl: Sometimes, when I look at myself through the microscope of cold, hard objectivity, I think to myself, "God, you are awesome!"
--47th & 9th

Guy: I mean, eating your own cum is one thing, but eating it on a pizza four hours later? I should probably keep my voice down...
--43rd & 8th

Teen girl #1: What's a "fortnight"?
Teen girl #2: It's British for "ten days"; like, "I'll be gone for a fortnight."
Teen girl #1: Oh yeah, that makes total sense.
--LaGuardia

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home